- Payment to an HSBC account anywhere in the world - No fee.
- Euro payment within the EEA (European Economic Area) - No fee.
- Euro payment outside EEA - £5 fee.
- Non-euro payment within the UK - £5 fee.
- Non-euro payment outside of the UK - £5 fee.
When making a payment within the EEA, the payment may incur intermediary and agency bank charges. You cannot cover these fees for the payee, and they will be deducted from the amount that arrives.
When making a payment outside the EEA, you might also need to pay intermediary and agency bank charges. However, you can:
- pay all the fees yourself
- share the fees with the recipient
- ask the recipient to pay the fees.
If you choose to pay all the fees or share the fees with the recipient, the payment fee will apply alongside any intermediary, agency and beneficiary bank charges.
Any fees to be paid by the payee will be deducted from the payment amount before arriving with the recipient where applicable.