- Cover against fire, smoke, lightening, storms and floods; escape of water and frozen pipes up to £50,000 (or a chosen sum up to £80,000)
- Cover for watches, jewellery and precious metals; we’ll even cover your coin, stamp and medal collections, too, with our Valuable contents cover up to £10,000
- Contents temporarily removed from home up to £5,000
- Contents in your garden up to £1,000
- Religious festivals and wedding gift cover up to £3,000
- Tenants liability up to £15,000
- Have the confidence of knowing that should something go wrong, the award winning claims team will be on hand 24 hours a day – every day
- Independently rated 5 stars by industry expert, defaqto
- Choose the cover that’s right for you with ‘Optional Extras’
- Spread your payments over 12 months at no extra cost
51% of customers paid a total of £271.03 per year or £22.59 per month between 1 October 2022 and 31 December 2022. The price you pay will depend on individual circumstances and cover chosen.
first direct Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited
What home insurance cover do you need?
- Buildings and Contents Insurance
- Contents Insurance
- Buildings Insurance
- What's not covered?
If you own your property, then combined buildings and contents insurance cover makes perfect sense. first direct home insurance provides the same levels of cover as single cover, but can be more cost effective. If you want specific cover, such as home emergency or accidental damage, our optional extras allow you to tailor your cover to your exact needs, so you’re not paying for unnecessary cover.
- Home emergency cover
- Legal expenses cover
- Accidental damage - buildings
- Accidental damage - contents
- Personal belongings
- Pedal cycles
- Clerical business equipment cover
- up to £1,000 for labour, parts and materials per incident
- hotel accommodation costs up to £1,000 if your home is uninhabitable
- no excess to pay
- £500 boiler contribution for boilers declared beyond economical repair
- loss of essential services e.g. boiler breakdowns
- roof damage following a storm
- plumbing emergencies
- electrical emergencies and breakdown
- lost keys or damage to locks, doors and windows
- pest infestation of rats, mice, wasps or hornets.
- Not all types of heating systems and boilers are included in home emergency cover
- Home emergency cover isn't a service and maintenance product and doesn't cover damage due to wear and tear (e.g. dripping taps)
- Doesn't cover breakdown of electric showers or domestic appliances like washing machines, and doesn't cover problems you were already aware of when you bought cover.
Are you eligible?
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
Are you over the age of 16?
Are you are resident in the UK?*
Is your property in the UK?*
*Excluding Channel Islands and Isle of Man
If you're a homeowner in the UK and want to temporarily welcome Ukrainian refugees into your home as non-paying guests, you don't need to tell us. Your home insurance cover will stay the same and provide cover for visitors.
We’d encourage you to check your policy to make sure it covers your needs. Be aware of any existing terms in your policy that might apply to visitors and get in touch with us if you want to discuss your cover.
Get a Home Insurance quote
Not covered yet?
Apply quickly online for either Buildings or Contents or both (minimum premiums and Terms and Conditions (PDF) apply). Or give us a call:
Available Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, Sat, 8am-6pm and Sun, 10am-4pm. On public holidays opening hours may vary.
For details on how we use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice (PDF). first direct Home Insurance is provided by Aviva Insurance Limited. Please read Aviva's Privacy Notice shown within the application.
If the worst happens, we’ll do everything we can to help and to make the claims process easy for you. If there's been an emergency or if you’d like to make a claim over the phone, call us so we can help you as soon as possible. Lines are open 24/7
Before you make a claim, make sure you have:
- Your insurance policy number
- Receipts, quotes or invoices
- An estimate of the size of the affected area
- Photos of damaged or lost property (if you have any)