Time to give your home a makeover? Whether you’re planning some new furniture, a new kitchen or even a loft conversion, a home improvement loan could help turn your dream into reality.
Home Improvement Loan
Why get a home improvement loan with us?
4.9% APR representative
For loans between £7,000 - £30,000 over 1 to 8 years
Get your money straight away
If approved, the money will be in your account instantly
Apply in minutes on our App
For a quick decision apply on our App. No lengthy forms to complete - because we know you, most of your info is pre-filled
Interest rate (fixed)
|Interest rate (fixed)
- choose a loan amount and term to suit you - you can borrow from £1,000 to £50,000, repayable over 1 to 8 years
- fixed monthly repayments so you know where you stand
- flexibility to overpay and reduce your overall interest
Calculate your repayments
How to apply for a Personal Loan
Log on to our App or Online Banking and go to ‘products’. If you want to apply for a loan in the App, you'll need to make sure you're on the latest version. Please visit the App Store for your device to upgrade.
New to first direct
Apply for our current account, and start banking wherever you are.
Before you apply
As you'd expect, credit is subject to status. The rate you'll receive depends on your individual circumstances, credit checks and an assessment of your financial situation. The maximum APR you could be offered is 24.9% APR.
You'll find more information in the Everything you should know tab on this page, and our postal address on our Contact us page. Please also read our Important Notes about our loans and Interest Rates and Charges (PDF) before you apply. Terms and Conditions apply.
**Our personal loans team is available from 8am to 10pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 9pm Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturday and 9am to 8pm Sunday.
Who can apply?
All we ask is that you can say yes to everything below:
- You’re 18 or over
- You are a UK resident and live permanently in the UK
- You have an annual income/pension before tax of £10,000 or more
- You haven’t been declared bankrupt or registered for an Individual Voluntary Agreement in the last 6 years (or in the process of doing so.)