Income and expenditure form
If you feel you might benefit from financial support we’ve set up an income and expenditure form to help us better understand your circumstances and offer the most appropriate solutions available to you. It only takes 10-15 minutes to fill out and it won’t affect your credit score.
Dealing with financial difficulty
Income and expenditure form
Here's what you'll need
Once you've started filling out the form, your progress won't be saved if you exit, so you must complete the form in one session. To help with this, we've summarised the information you'll need to provide.
- Basic information about your income and outgoings, such as salary and mortgage or rent
- If you have a joint mortgage or loan, you'll also need need to fill in the partner section of the form. You only need to complete one form between you – rather than one per named account holder.
- If you’re signed up to Open Banking, you can save time by choosing to have information from your bank statements and bills pre-populated. You can do this on your phone if you use Mobile Banking.
- If it's convenient to talk now or you need help filling in the form, you can chat with us in our App and via Online Banking. Just type "budgeting" to start the conversation.
What happens next?
Once you’ve submitted the form, we'll contact you within 5 working days to let you know your options. If you need help, it’s important to fill out the income and expenditure form as soon as possible. This will give us time to find the right solution for you.
There’s no need to contact us, we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
Who are consents.online and what is Open Banking?
Open banking Opens an overlay [Will show a security message first] is a quick, easy and secure way to share your information. If you give permission, consents.online Opens an overlay [Will show a security message first] will obtain your current account information from your account provider and share it with us to help us assess your current financial situation.
To use the service you’ll just need your log in details for your main bank account that you receive your salary and pay bills from. Once you have these details to hand, the sign up process should only take a few minutes to complete.
Companies that provide Open Banking services must operate in line with data protection laws and be registered with OBIE Opens an overlay [Will show a security message first] (Open Banking Implementation Entity) and the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) to ensure you are protected and your information is secure.
I've already missed a payment, what should I do?
If you've missed a loan, mortgage or credit card payment or you think you're about to it's a good idea to speak to us as soon as you can. This is also true if you're struggling with your arranged overdraft or have found yourself in an unarranged overdraft.
For Loan and Credit Card payments or to talk about your overdraft call 03 456 100 188.
For Mortgage payments call 03 456 100 193.
I am worried about the debt I am getting into because of my gambling
Visit our Help with debt management page, which has information about who you can get in touch with for impartial advice and to help you to get your debt under control.
You can turn gambling transactions on or off on your debit card using the App. To find out how to do this and for our FAQs see our Gambling support page.
There are several organisations and charities who can provide free help and give general advice about managing your money. They can also provide assistance on things like benefits or other sources of support. You can find out about free independent money advisers in your area from:
- Citizens Advice Bureau. Opens an overlay [Will show a security message first]
- AdviceUk Opens an overlay [Will show a security message first]
The following helpline services are on hand to provide usefu help and advice: